Monday, August 11, 2008

A moment to reflect...

 

So... I woke up a couple mornings ago to find our entire apartment full of orange light.  I went out on our patio and this is what I saw... Isn't it beautiful?  I guess there is a perk to being an early riser :)... But seriously, waking up and being caught off guard by this beautiful peaceful moment gave me the opportunity to take advantage of the silence and think about life and the many blessing in my own.  This summer away from home has been a learning experience full of all types of adventures.  It has been such a blessing and so much fun for Jason and I to see a new place.  Washington has been busy and great, full of new people and experiences, and now that our stay is almost spent we are very ready to come home.  We love and miss our families so much and can't wait to see everyone again.  We are so blessed to have each other, our fabulous families, the gospel and the opportunities the learn and grow each day.    I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate our life. We are so blessed.  Washington has been great and now we are ready and can't wait to be home! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing, it brightened my day.

Sarah Nelsen said...

LADY!! I had no idea you guys had a blog, I love it :) I was so bummed Jo and I didn't get a chance to visit you in Seattle, but so fun to see pics of stuff you got to do!