Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Finale to my "Catch Up" ...The Fourth of July!





So, after reading Em's blog and seeing the pics I definately feel like we totally got gyped on the Fourth of July! First of all, we were working until about 5 pm... Before work, I was able to go to the Everett Parade with our friends the Fords. They were so nice to invite me along, Jason was already working by that point in the day, total bummer, but it turned out to be a fun little adventure. It definately wasn't the kind of parade we were used to... no floats, no candy...just cars and marching drill teams (that didn't look like any kind of drill teams I have ever seen before..) But it was fun to feel like we were actually doing something out of the norm :). When we did finally get off work we went to dinner at Red Robin (our latest favorite restuarant... I LOVE the bottomless beverages with berries in them!!) Then we went with most of the office to watch fireworks down over the bay! ... Which, would sound like a pretty awesome show right?! Hmmmm, don't worry. We sat and sat and sat and waited... we could see firework shows going off far away across the bay, but nothing near us. We kept waiting and then all of the sudden everyone around us started getting up and packing up their stuff... apparently the show was over!!! Can you believe that?! ...and there were tons of people there! It was amazing to us, we decided they must not know what they are missing to have come out in excitement for a show like that! Hmm, maybe that wasn't very nice, but seriously, if you had been there you'd agree! Well, Happy Fourth anyway, right? Gotta love it!

2 comments:

klt9976 said...

YAY! Now we can be blog friends too! I'm so excited. I miss you like crazy lad! I'm linking you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Lizzy I like it! You never give wittle lizzy enough credit! I love it! But I love you more!